If you have a vehicle, it is essential that you have a secure garage with a well-functional garage door to keep your car protected. At the same time, it is equally important that you know how to perform garage door repair work in case something goes wrong with your garage door. Overhead garage door functions on springs and opener which is critical to managing. This is why; consult a professional garage door company like, garage door repair in San Antonio to help you in this regard. But if you are passionate to handle your malfunctioning garage door on your own, the following are the basic steps that you should follow:
- If the metal tracks of garage door are loose, then you should tighten the screws and bolts inside the mounting brackets. However, if you feel that tracks are damaged baldy, replace them immediately.
- Make sure that tracks are aligned correctly. Both tracks must be at the same height on the walls of garage. While performing garage door repair work, if you find that the tracks are not balanced properly, you just need to lose the screws and tap the tracks to their correct position and then tighten the screws.
- Make sure that tracks are cleaned properly. You may use any concentrated household cleaning solution to remove accumulated grease or dirt. Wash the rollers thoroughly and then wipe out all the hardware using a cotton cloth.
- After cleaning the hardware of garage door, lubricate the tracks and rollers properly. You may use a silicone spray or powdered graphite on the hardware. It will help the rollers to run freely on the tracks of garage door.
- Check the garage door to find out the loose hardware and tighten them accordingly. Inspect the hinges and mounting brackets and replace the damaged ones. Make sure that the wood on which hinges are placed should not be chipped or cracked.
- Check the garage door springs to make sure that they are adjusted properly. If you feel any issue, you should hook then into next notch or hole. If you feel any difficulty while adjusting garage door springs, call a garage door expert right away.
- It is extremely important that hire a professional garage door technician if you garage door has one torsion spring placed at the center of garage door. Never try to handle it on your own because it might give you serious injuries. Call a professional garage door repair service in such conditions.
Recent models of garage door openers come with a reversible sensor that stops and reverses the garage door to its opened position if something is obstructed the path of the garage door. Most garage door openers have a radio receiving system and rolling code technology to make the garage door operations safe and secure. Thus, while attempting garage door repair on your own, make sure you have the right knowledge about the mechanism of the garage door. If you are not qualified and experienced enough, hire a professional garage door technician to restore the performance of the garage door.